Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Wash, regimen change, products

Wash day products

Wash day products

1) ORS creamy aloe shampoo 2) CoN sulfate-free shampoo 3) Enliven conditioner 4) Venus leave-in treatment 5) Coconut oil

Last Sunday was wash day for me. I used the above hair products in the order they appear. I had gone for about 2 weeks without shampooing my hair (i had cowashed the previous week) and so i decided to use the ORS shampoo to do a clarifying wash. I normally use Enliven shampoo to clarify but as i have mentioned numerous times, it tangles up my hair like so…

Shampooed

At 12 weeks post, i really did not want to deal with that kind of mess which is why i opted to used the ORS shampoo. This one leaves the hair soft despite being a clarifying shampoo. I followed that up with Cream of Nature sulfate-free shampoo because…i just love it.

After that i did a conditioner wash using Enliven conditioner – another fav product. Now, i have a confession to make. I haven’t deep conditioned my hair in well over a month *gasp* I’ll attribute that to pure and utter laziness so…thats that. And i’ve also not done a henna treatment in…2 months? Yea. Moving along swiftly…

Once i was done washing my hair, i wrapped it up in a towel for a few minutes, applied the leave-in conditioner, then a bit of coconut oil and then finally styled my hair in a single braid. And that was the end of my wash day :)

Since my hair regimen has changed, i’ll put up an updated post on the same very soon. The products are still the same as i haven’t done a major haul since my last one in February when i imposed a shopping ban on myself. That ban lasted till around July because i had to repurchase some deep conditioner and leave-in conditioner.

Last month i bought the 1L bottle of coconut oil you see in the above pic. Before that, my last coconut oil purchase was in December of last year so this new bottle should last me a long time. Notice the new packaging? Love it!

I’ve decided to hold off on doing a major haul because i noticed that i still have some unused products from my February haul. I also happen to have 5 bottles of shampoo, not mentioning the African black soap that can be used as a shampoo bar. And…i’ve also given my Mum some products so i really need to use up what i have before i can think of stocking up again.


Tagged: 12 weeks post, 12 weeks post relaxer, clarifying, coconut oil hair, cowash, cream of nature, hair journey, Hair journey Kenya, hair products, hair products Nairobi, hair regimen, hairjunkie2011, haul, healthy hair, Kenyan blog, Kenyan blogger, Kenyan hair blogger, ORS, relaxed hair Kenya, relaxed hair regimen, wash day



No comments:

Post a Comment