Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

My burning hut



My dear neighbours,
You who who poke your noses
In other people's businesses!
When tonight my hut catches fire,
Don't come with water in cans.
I want to be turned to pyre,
And yell as loud as I can.

If at all my visitor will scream,
Just sleep and assume it's a dream.
Don't come to my doorstep to listen,
At how our voices will deepen!

My fellow men,
You whose wives have
Legs that itch...
If tonight my hut will be on fire,
Tell your wives to stick to their beds.
I'll be waiting for my flames to blaze higher,
And settle after I am dead

I shall lock my door and window,
And hide beneath the sheets.
Even if my visitor is a widow,
She shall burn today indeed.

My fellow clansmen,
You who daily say my hut is cold
If tonight my hut will burn,
Please let us perish alone.
You may come tomorrow if you can
For my visitor will then have been gone...

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment