Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Memories of the Kakamega Forest



I would trek with Khayesi to this forest,
I would play the song she loved on my flute.
We would go to the tree that was tallest,
Then take a long rest on its roots.

Khayesi would play with my chin,
She would make jealous birds chirp loudly.
She would then get a guava from her tin,
And tell me "I know you're hungry"

I would come with Khayesi to this forest,
She loved it when I carried her on my back.
Sometimes she would listen to my sonnets,
Then suddenly the clouds would turn dark.

Khayesi would shiver from the coldness,
But I would take off my jacket for her
She would say "baby, you are selfless"
And I would say "Tarling, I'm a man" 

I would carry Khayesi to this forest,
Where butterflies looked so magical.
But one day she was bitten by a snake,
And she died before she arrived at the hospital.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment