Pages

Monday, August 13, 2018

Milk and Honey










They throw gloomy glances at me,

Their spangling blue eyes slowly spiral

In their sockets,

They twitch their pink lips as they

Spit a dough of a saliva on their

First-class milky sands.


They ask me "who are you?

Where do you come from?

Why are you here?

Do y'all live with monkeys?

Do y'all have AIDS?

Do y'all live in grass thatched huts?

Does it rain o'er there? Are there roads?

Water? Airports? Pizza inn's? McDonald's?

Huh....!" They sigh,


And they whisper to their kids,

And their kids wail in fear,

And their policemen surround my path,

And they strangle my neck,

And break my arms, 

And step on my head and accuse

My skin of causing unrest to their citizens.



And the thirst to go back home throttles

My throat,

The hunger to smile again boils in my belly,

The dreams of golden opportunities

Fade away from my fantasies...

As milk and Honey turn into a paranoia

My own mind.



Source

No comments:

Post a Comment