Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Chinkororo claims meant to annoy, distract me, says Matiang'i

Acting interior CS Fred Matiang'i has said he does not want frustration following the clip of him allegedly threatening to unleash Chinkororo on people opposed to the election.

NASA leader Raila Odinga pulled out of the election saying it cannot be credible by President Uhuru Kenyatta and DP William Ruto have insisted it is legitimate.

Voting began at 6am on Thursday and Raila and Uhuru are enjoy support in their strongholds, where people have either boycotted the vote or exercised their right.

Read: Ghost towns in Raila strongholds, Kisumu IEBC officials avoid 'suicide'

Also read: Wa Iria mobilises Uhuru supporters using chopper, high turnout in Eldoret

The recording of Matiang'i surfaced amid NASA's anti-IEBC protests and he commented for the first time on Thursday, after saying he is a member of the group and assuring members of protection.

He told the group last week to deal ruthlessly with people opposed to the repeat race that followed a petition by

The minister said: "I am in charge of security. The youth who are here...if anyone tries to block you from voting, I can order police to look aside and you rough them up."

More on this: I’m a member of Chinkororo, they’re protected – Matiang’i

After voting in Kisii today, the Cabinet Secretary said he deliberately decided not to comment on the issue.

"Have you seen them? Have you seen anyone here? I have decided deliberately that I will not be dragged into politics and I will not be annoyed."

Matiang'i said the audio is just a destruction against the work he is mandated to do.

"...those things are being done to annoy, distract and frustrate me from the work I am doing. I have chosen not to be distracted so I will not concentrate on those things I want to do my work...I don't want to be distracted."

 In the audio recorded in the Kisii language, Matiang'i described himself as a member of Chinkororo and said he cannot be intimidated.

He issued the remarks in front of Deputy President William Ruto in Etago, South Mugirango.

SECURITY SUFFICIENT

Matiang'i further assured Kenyans of security saying: "I do not think there is any problem in terms of security...we will be fine...we have sufficient security...we are fine."

He urged Kenyans to wake up and vote noting it's their democratic right.

"If you don't, its okay. It's your right. Stay at home."

More on this: Stay at home on Thursday, don't protest, Raila tells supporters

Also read: Raila transforms NASA into resistance movement, plans goods boycott

 

 

 


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment