Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2015

I will go back to Uyoma

I am ready to leave this city;
And go back to Uyoma.
I will give my people your greetings,
And tell them how I lived in trauma,

Men don't sleep at night in this town,
They drink and dance untill dawn.
Ladies dress skirts shorter than their panties,
Then hawk around looking for parties.

I am ready to leave this city,
And build a home in my village.
What a shame...! What a pity?
I've been living next to a  sewage.

And what have I not seen?
Old women chase small boys,
And they don't even think it's a sin.
Older men play girls like toys.

I am ready to leave this city,
And go to Uyoma with my luggage.
I will find a village girl who's pretty,
And ask for her hand in marriage.

If her smile will be charming and flowery,
I will doubtlessly pay her dowry.
But if her hand will be too soft to plough......

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment