Pages

Monday, March 19, 2018

Just Some Random Thoughts About Trump And The GOP

Editorial Cartoon by AF Branco
by Dr. Jack Sternberg, Contributing Author: It has now been almost nine months since I wrote a weekly article. Please don't think that I haven't had any thoughts and opinions concerning what's going on in Garland County, the State of Arkansas, the Federal Government and the World. Many have asked me why I stopped my weekly opinion piece. It's just that I got "burned out" writing about issues that frustrated me, didn't get solved and if anything, kept getting worse.

So today, I'll just throw out some random thoughts I've had and then go back into my "safe zone" where I don't stay angry and frustrated all the time. Life is just too short and I have been much happier.

Surprisingly, I will start with - I really miss Bill O'Reilly and The O'Reilly Factor. His personality never bothered me as much as some others. Maybe it's because I grew up on Long Island, New York City and I was used to his personality (same goes for President Trump's personality and Trump grew up 4 miles from me). I always believed his style was needed to be "Fair and Balanced" yet strong. It was needed to get his guests to answer the questions and not bloviate. I appreciated his analysis of the news. I find that without him, I am now watching a lot less Fox news. I can't even stomach CNN, MSNBC or the three major network newscasts since their news is so incomplete and slanted against President Trump. They just can't bring themselves to ever acknowledge anything that he has done well or accomplished. They are dishonest; pure and simple and they have an agenda.

I recently saw a quote that summed up much of my feeling towards Donald Trump. I wish I could remember the writers name or where I read it but I can't.
"I don't like a lot of the things he says, or the way he says things. I do like what he has done and has tried to do since becoming President."President Trump, despite his billions, is a "commoner." He is a blue collar billionaire. He is a street fighter and talks and acts like one (and this is why so many can't stand him and call him a bully). He understands human nature and his opponents and therefore acts accordingly. He governs instinctively. I have personally called him my "Common Sense" president; mostly conservative but not 100%. He does what he thinks is right and then does it his way. I personally identify with his attitude, but not necessarily his style.

Honestly, so far, his way has been incredibly effective (which makes the progressive left have increasing Trump Derangement Syndrome). In just one year, think Tax Cuts, booming economy and stock market, getting North Korea to the table, getting the NATO members to pay their fair share, destroying ISIS, declaring Jerusalem Israel's capital and moving the embassy to Jerusalem and on and on. And next the Wall will be built. He has kept his campaign promises and has delivered on them like no other politician that I can remember.

So why is his approval rating so low? I believe the answer is very simple and not complex. The vast majority of the American people are faced with a constant barrage of negative propaganda and lies from the Democrats and the mainstream media. The overwhelming majority of the American people get all their news and opinions from the major networks and liberal newspapers and not from any conservative source or even one that is fair and objective.

They are continuously bombarded with negative comments about President Trump, whether true or false. Their reports are slanted. They all refuse to ever cover sufficiently anything positive he has done and accomplished. Joseph Goebbels once said, "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." And that is exactly what is happening. I'm surprised his numbers aren't lower. I'm surprised he has kept his base.

So, let me reiterate. If I dislike anything about Trump it's personal (his personality). But I overwhelmingly like his policies and accomplishments. And I would much rather have a President who leads then one who I like but is ineffective (in the past, I used to like Jimmy Carter - he was a nice guy - how did that work out?).

Finally, if Republicans want to win in the fall, they have to put up candidates who inspire people and don't just have an "R" after their name. That's not enough. The recent Republican losses have been due to lackluster candidates who don't motivate the base as did President Trump.

Well, back to my "Man Cave." Glad I could get a few things off my chest. But then, why don't I feel any better?
-------------------
Jack Sternberg, MD, is a retired medical doctor and Chairman Emeritus, Garland County TEA Party Patriots in Arkansas, and a contributor to the ARRA News Service.

Tags: Jack Sternberg, Random Thoughts, President Trump, GOP, editorial cartoon, AF Branco  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the ARRA News Service and "Like" Facebook Page - Thanks!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment