Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

I am worth Sh160 million, I acquired wealth before Devolution CS job - Waiguru

Anne Waiguru has declared she is worth Sh160million, dismissing claims she enriched herself with proceeds from fraudulent transactions at the NYS.

The former Devolution CS, who stepped aside amid corruption claims in November 2015, said she owned most of what she has before becoming a government official.

"I lived in Runda before I joined government and I own a house there. I also drove a Mercedes Benz so there is no way I could have benefited from transactions at the NYS," she said.

"In terms of assets, including the house which is on loan, I am worth Sh160 million... liabilities total Sh80 million. The net value is nothing significant."

She also noted during a Citizen TV interview on Sunday that she worked at the World Bank and as Citi Group assistant vice president before joining the government.

Waiguru denied owning malls in different parts of the country as reported by media, saying she is frugal with her spending.

"I do not pay more than Sh2,500 for my shoes and I bargain for every delivery," she said. She added that her photos as shared several times on social media show she has worn the same jewellery for the last six or seven years.

"We declared our wealth after every two years in government; we did it when we were appointed so my records are available," she said.

Waiguru said she was saddened by personal attacks on her children, her son in particular, whose pictures next to an Aston Martin vehicle surfaced.

"My son is an ordinary teenager and would get rides from people. We do not own the car, we cannot even dream of owning it because it is very expensive," she said.

"People go to motor shows and take pictures next to cars; it does not mean they own them".


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment